April 25, 2013 by Kira Lyn Blue
Whoa, our first award! The ninja squirrels would like to send a special thank you to Herminia Chow at aspiringwriter22 for nominating me. The squirrels offered to make the trek to Canada to play merry maids for you for a day to thank you, Herminia, but don’t worry, I talked them out of it. (I’m pretty sure they’d never come back once that got a look at the gorgeous black squirrel vixens up north.)
What is the Sunshine Award? It’s a recognition from fellow bloggers to those who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere. And that’s just, wow, I inspired someone! My work here is done… ok, not really 😉
Here are the rules:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog.
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate 10 bloggers.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
And now for the 10 questions:
Favorite color: Orange, even though I can’t wear it.
Favorite animal: Squirrels, of course.
Favorite number: 9 (as in Love Potion number)
Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Dr. Pemonade (Hit the fountain machine at your local convenience store and mix 2 parts Dr. Pepper with 1 part lemonade. Preferably in one of those ginormous cups that certain states are trying to outlaw. Heathens.)
Favorite alcoholic drink: Margarita on the rocks with salt.
Facebook or Twitter?: I have to go with Herminia here, WordPress all the way because I’m really loving the community of writers here. I’m still warming up to Facebook and Twitter.
My passions: Reading anything urban fantasy or paranormal related, writing, video games, and internet memes.
Prefer getting or giving presents?: Getting. What? At least I’m honest!
Favorite City: Portland, OR
Favorite TV Shows: The Walking Dead, Castle, Dr. Who, Justified, Being Human (UK version)
- Createdbyrcw– for his amazing photography and poetry.
- Scribbling in the Storage Room– Her A-Z Writing Challenge Articles rock.
- Harsh Reality– Let’s see what the Opinionated Man thinks about getting a Sunshine Award.
- Descent into Slushland– Grab your rappelling gear and join the descent! It’s totally worth it. Trust me.
- Life’s a Stage– Three words: Book Spine Poetry
- Tracyembor– Saturday Music Playlists
- Melissa Janda– The Buzz on Writing
- The Misbehaving Mind– the title says it all.
- Inkling of Asylum– Overthinkers unite!
- The Dimwit Diary– Yes, I know Herminia already nominated him, but have you seen his Photoshop “tutorials”?